Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to the Cinescapist blog! Inspired by some of my blogging friends I decided to join the blogosphere in hopes of contributing a (hopefully) interesting point of view on the film industry. Growing up, I was always interested in reading any and everything on not just movies themselves, but also about the movie business. This included magazines including Premiere, Entertainment Weekly, Cinescape, Movieline, etc. where film was usually discussed in a more meaningful way, rather than as just mindless, Access Hollywood-type gossip.
What I hope to achieve is to provide some insight to the casual moviegoer that might make films, weather they be blockbusters, indies, award contenders, etc, as meaningful as they are to me. Also, I hope that any reader can gain some more interest in the actual workings of the movie-biz, and again, see a point of view that you can't get from everyday media.
What I'm going to attempt is to provide some variety in various posts. I'll certainly include the obvious reviews of new and up coming movies, but since everyone seems to have an opinion on the movies they see, I don't want that to be the main focus. It also won't be too much straight news reporting, since you can already find many sites that do this already (all listed in my links section) In addition, my posting will include some enlightenment on up and coming movies, comments on current issues involving the biz, and other perspectives on the industry that will make movies a bit more interesting to the average film goer.
As always, comments and suggestions are welcome and greatly encouraged. Enjoy!

No comments: